7.20.2011

Gyo-Rai-Gyo: the most adorbs Japanese duo EVER




Gyo-Rai-Gyo: Sawano Shozo and Akazawa Yuri


Shaggy from Scooby Doo: Fashion ICON

Monday night I went to Cake Shop in the Lower East Side to see my friends' band.  I'd never been to this cool music venue before so I was pretty thrilled to find that you can really watch music AND EAT CAKE at the same time. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I was disappointed not to run into Maurica from the Lower East Side but I soon overcame my disappointment when I was distracted and impressed by the awesome steez of this Japanese duo Gyo-Rai-Gyo.   The male half, Sawano Shozo, on guitar and vocals, was barefoot, shagged out and absolutely swimming in his t-shirt.  Sheer fashion glory. A sort of Asian Shaggy from Scooby Doo, it looked like looked like he was wearing PJ's.  Swoon!  We all know that I adore clothes that look like PJs- bathrobes, big Ts- any sort of sleeping attire- well Sawano took this to another level. And he could rock too.

Side note, go see the movie Terri and you will see how I really want to dress everyday: main character wears PJ's ALL THE TIME.  He doesn't give a shit.  The girl, Akazawa Yuri, on drums and vocals, was equally adorable.  This chic was not only hot because she has serious drumming chops, but she also she wore the cutest shirt in the entire world and had the most adorable haircut.  I wanted to put this duo in my pocket and keep them forever.  But that would be strange and creepy and impossible if you really think about it.