5.14.2011

Catamarans and Uniforms









I've been in vacation mode and a little slack on my posts, for which I apologize. I've been to three different states in the last month.  Although this post is very  loosely fashion related, I thought I'd share with you some photos from a recent trip to visit my father in New Bern, NC. I just got a nice new camera- please bear with me as I learn how to use it!  These are some of the better shots I got, although far from the skill level I want to have! Some highlights of the trip were visiting my Uncle's new house that he built for himself in nearby Oriental, NC (top image) and sailing on his 32 ft Catamaran, which he docks right in his new back yard.  I loved the spirit of simplicity with which my Uncle has decorated his new home.  

We also visited an old Civil War Fort (aka War of the "States" down South)- Ft. Macon- which was pretty cool. Of course I was interested in some of the clothes they had on display that the soldiers used to wear.  I was quite impressed by their timelessness.  I recently bought a belt that looks similar to the one above, but with a smaller pouch- it's so useful and so cool, although I'm pretty sure function was much more important for the soldiers! I would also wear those black suede shoes in a heartbeat.