1.01.2009

I reigned in the New Year last night with two of my favorite gals in the world- old college buddy Kristin and a newer NYC buddy, Mary. The night was just as New Years should be in my book: cheap and with live music. We saw a great Brazilian group at a small Park Slope watering hole that was packed to the gills. Unfortunately it was dangerously cold outside- near or below zero and we actually braved the trip back into the Village to go to a more upscale scene where everyone was at least six feet tall. I felt like a dwarf.

Anyways- I am looking forward to see what 2009 holds. There is so much opportunity for change and we are all waiting with bated breath in my circles in the hope that this change will begin to come about. It will take work and gumption and I hope we, as a country, are truly up for the task.